|Staples(R) Makes Back-to-School Shopping Easy with the Hottest Products and Technology at Low Prices|
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Jul 06, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) --
Staples(R), Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLS), the world's largest office products company and top retail destination for back to school, today announced the top products for the 2011 back-to-school shopping season providing customers a glance at the new styles and trends on everything from technology to backpacks and fun supplies.
"From amazing deals on the latest technology to the widest selection of core supplies at low prices, Staples makes it easy for parents and students to shop for back to school," said Jevin Eagle, executive vice president of merchandising and marketing of Staples, Inc. "Students will find everything they need this season whether they're looking for the perfect laptop or fun and functional accessories to show off their individual styles."
In addition to the top products and trends, Staples offers many ways to save this back-to-school shopping season. Customers can save 15% on supplies all season long with a savings pass, which is available for purchase from now until Aug. 13 for $10 and can be used until Sept. 17. The savings pass is valid on supplies such as pens, pencils, paper, notebooks, calculators and backpacks and can be used once per day throughout the season. For more information, visit www.staples.com/savingspass.
This year's top products and trends include:
1) Laptop Deals You'll Love - Students can save big this season with amazing deals on laptops. When students purchase select laptops and show their student ID or college acceptance letter, they will receive a $100 Visa prepaid card via EasyRebate. Laptops include the Dell(R) Inspiron 15R-15.6" ($729.99) featuring switchable lids for personalization, the lightweight, portable and stylish HP Pavilion dm4-2070 14" ($799.99), the ultra-thin and high-performance Samsung Princeton 11.6" ($699.99) and the Toshiba R845 14" ($749.99) with up to eight hours of battery life. The Samsung and Toshiba models include Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 full version pre-installed (a $119 value).
2) The New "Tech" - Tablets and e-readers are quickly becoming the must-have accessories for today's tech-savvy students. The new HPTouchPad ($599.99)and Samsung Galaxy Tab(TM) 10.1 ($499) serve as great computing companions while the Amazon Kindle ($114-$379)and Barnes & Noble NOOK(TM) ($139-$249) give new meaning to term "hitting the books." Whether note-taking in lectures, keeping up with student life via social media, or reading textbooks, students can experience Staples' selection of tablets and e-readers in-store to determine their best fit.
3) College Comforts - Staples is the place to find a wide selection of fashionable and functional items for co-ed living. From exclusive, stylish furniture like the Staples(R) Desley(TM) Chair or Staples(R) Islington(TM) Chair ($49.99) to smart storage solutions like colorful crates for just $3 to fun tech accessories exclusively designed for Staples like Logitech(R) Wireless Mice and Keyboards ($29.99), shoppers can check out the latest furniture, technology and even appliances that fit neatly in a dorm room, bedroom or off-campus apartment.
4) We've Got Your Back - Whether sporty designs or eye-catching prints, Staples offers a wide variety of backpacks all at 25-50% off all season long on top brands, which are perfect for expressing any students' individual style and personality. Brands include Hurley ($48.74-$59.99), Extreme ($9.74-$44.99), Reebok ($9.74-$48.74), High Sierra(R) ($24.99-$49.99), Yak Pak ($19.99-$39.99), Swiss Gear ($39.99-$89.99),and Jansport(R) ($29.99-$48.74). Keep everything organized with cool accessories such as Backpack Folders by Find it(R) ($1.99 for 3pk)that fit neatly in any backpack for easy access to schoolwork.
5) Socially-Conscious and Cool - For the second straight year, Staples is continuing with its exclusive line of products with DoSomething.org-inspired designs ($0.99-$12.99) that students can use to keep organized and learn about important issues that impact their communities. Some of the designs were developed by students who won a contest to have their artwork showcased on products.
6) 3D Fun - Bring new dimension to basic supplies with cool new 3D treatments that will add a new depth from note-taking to toting supplies. Azuna(R) 3D collection by Carolina Pad(R) (1-subject notebook $2.99) and Note-it Style(TM) Azuna 3D Dry Erase Board ($7), or exclusive to Staples- hold all of your essentials in the Staples(R) 3D Holographic Pencil Case ($1.79).
7) Animal Instincts - Take a walk on the wild side with fun yet functional supplies showcasing fierce animal prints (Zebra Z-Grip(TM) Animals Retractable Ballpoint Pens- 3.79, Yak Pak and Jansport(R) Backpacks and Staples(R) Animal Print Erasers $0.99- exclusive to Staples). Or use cute creatures to transport electronic documents with the EMTEC Animal USB Flash Drives ($12.99) available in pandas, pigs, turtles, fish and mice.
8) Lighten Your Load - Sleek mini designs on everyday basics help students mix and match making more room in the desk, locker or backpack with these cool, compact styles. Exclusive to Staples- Staples(R) BETTER(R) Mini Binder ($5.99), Staples(R) Mini Comp Books ($1.49-$1.99), Staples(R) Mini Metallic Permanent Markers ($2.99), Staples(R) Portable 3-Hole Punch ($4.29), Staples(R) One-Touch CX-3 Half Strip Flat-Cinch Stapler ($9.99).
9) Dare to be Dazzling - Shimmering with shine, but durable enough to withstand heavy-duty daily use, Staples(R) BETTER(R) Binder ($7.99- exclusive to Staples) features new glitter treatment or a two-toned design with brightly colored panels and edges to satisfy any fashionista's style. Add to the sparkle with the Glam Rocks Collection ($2.99-$4.99)including bejeweled items such as staplers and scissors, or notebooks like Glitter Personal 5x7 Notebook byCarolina Pad(R) ($2.99).
10) Seen it All?Staples has More - Staples offers unique supplies what allow students to show off their personalities like the whimsical Staples(R) Twisted Erasers ($0.99-exclusive to Staples), to the sporty Sneaker Pencil Pouch ($6) to the quirky Duck(R) Brand Duct Tape (rolls $3.99; sheets $1.99) available in bold colors and prints to make cool items like notebook covers, flowers and more.
From basic supplies to original statement items, Staples has students covered for the back-to-school season. Visit http://www.staples.com/backtoschool for more information. Media can visit http://www.staples.com/btspr for more news and photos throughout the season.
Staples is the world's largest office products company and a trusted source for office solutions. The company provides products, services and expertise in office supplies, copy & print, technology, facilities and breakroom, and furniture. Staples invented the office superstore concept in 1986 and now has annual sales of $25 billion, ranking second in the world in eCommerce sales. With 90,000 associates worldwide, Staples operates in 26 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia, making it easy for businesses of all sizes, and consumers. The company is headquartered outside Boston. More information about Staples (Nasdaq: SPLS) is available at www.staples.com/media.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6783761&lang=en